What Is EdCampRI?
EdCampRI is a Free Professional Development Unconference for Educators by Educators
- An interest-driven, purely organic, professional development opportunity that encourages true professional dialogue;
- A gathering of motivated and intelligent educators from a range of content areas and grade levels;
- A series of sessions that may explore a technology tool, a discussion of best practices, or a collaborative presentation focused on current issues;
- An opportunity to engage in peer-to-peer sharing, and to make professional connection.
It’s a Conference, BUT… EdCampRI is Different… It’s more!
- Everyone has the opportunity to share professional knowledge
- Together we shape the content and outcomes of the conference
- You can show off a project, a technique, a tool, or a neat trick
- You can lead a discussion on a current issue
What Questions Might Be Explored?
- What role does technology play in schools today? Tomorrow?
- How are we preparing students for work and citizenship in the modern world?
- What exactly should we be teaching students and when?
- What are you curious about?
What is the Cost?
EdCampRI is F-R-E-E.
Our generous sponsors provide breakfast, snacks, and lunch.
What Should I Bring?
Your friends and colleagues
Your favorite wireless device will allow you to view running comments on Twitter, take notes, review apps, and view websites discussed throughout the day.
Still not sure what EdCamp is all about? Watch the video below.