Rhode Island’s first EdCamp will be on November 3 at Rhode Island College!
What Is EdCampRI?
EdCampRI is Free Professional Development Unconference for Educators by Educators
- An interest-driven, purely organic, professional development opportunity that encourages true professional dialogue;
- A gathering of motivated and intelligent educators from a range of content areas and grade levels;
- A series of sessions that may explore a technology tool, a discussion of best practices, or a collaborative presentation focused on current issues;
- An opportunity to engage in peer-to-peer sharing, and to make professional connection.
It’s a Conference, BUT… EdCampRI is Different… It’s more!
- Everyone has the opportunity to share professional knowledge
- Together we shape the content and outcomes of the conference
- You can show off a project, a technique, a tool, or a neat trick
- You can lead a discussion on a current issue
What Questions Might Be Explored?
- What role does technology play in schools today? Tomorrow?
- How are we preparing students for work and citizenship in the modern world?
- What exactly should we be teaching students and when?
- What are you curious about?
What is the Cost?
EdCampRI is F-R-E-E.
Our generous sponsors provide breakfast, snacks, and lunch.
What Should I Bring?
Your friends and colleagues
Your favorite wireless device will allow you to view running comments on Twitter, take notes, review apps, and view websites discussed throughout the day.